Kamberg Nature Reserve
Kamberg Nature Reserve, with its picturesque resort, lies in the central part of the Maloti-Drakensberg Park World Heritage Site. The Mooi River runs through the nature reserve, adding significantly to the Kamberg experience by adding fly-fishing to the list of activities.
Fully equipped open plan bedroom and kitchen (2 plate stove only), with a separate bathroom. There is a communal lounge.
Fully equipped unit with a lounge/dining room, kitchen, three bedrooms and a bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Trout fishing is available in Eland and Erskine Dams which are open to anglers all year round.
- Mooi River has excellent seasonal trout fishing.
- Anglers may only use the correct fly fishing tackle and required to pay a rod fee at the reception.
- Rods are available for hire from the reception office.
- Trained guides are available to take visitors to Game Pass Shelter (3 hours walk)
- Bookings can be made in advance through reception.
- There are numerous scenic walks throughout the area ranging from short walks to all day hikes.
- The Mountain Rescue Register must to be completed before you begin your hike.
- Make sure correct details are filled in case of a rescue and ensure you sign on your return.
- Wildlife occurring in the reserve includes reedbuck, mountain reedbuck, blesbok, black wildebeest, grey rhebuck, eland, duiker, red hartebeest and oribi.
- Summer (1 October - 31 March) 05:00 - 19:00
- Winter (1 April - 30 September) 06:00 - 18:00
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 10:00
- No petrol available in the resort. The nearest supplies are obtainable at Rosetta, 42 km away.
- Office hours are between 08:00 - 16:00 daily, but closed between 13:00 - 14:00.
- The curio shop at the reception office supplies basic foods and some essentials.
- No pets are allowed into the reserve.
- No plug points for electric razors are available.
- The communal lounge has a large freezer and DSTV available to visitors.
- All units have fireplaces, wood may be purchased at the reception.