Midmar Resort is on the shores of the Midmar Dam within the Midmar Nature Reserve close to Howick in KwaZulu-Natal; close to most other KwaZulu-Natal Midlands attractions, such as the well-known and popular Midlands Meander.
Fully equipped with an open plan living area, separate bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
Fully equipped with an open plan living area, two-bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.
Each campsite accommodates a maximum of six people and has braai facilities. The communal ablution block has hot and cold water. All campsite has plug point with exception of 6 campsite.
Fully equipped with an open living area, three bedrooms, kitchen and two bathrooms, including a unit especially equipped for the physically challenged.
There are 50 campsites with plug points and 126 campsites without plug points. All sites are suitable for tents or caravans. The ablution blocks have hot and cold water and a communal wash area.
There are 31 campsites with plug points. The ablution blocks have hot and cold water and a communal wash area
Frequently Asked Questions
- Excellent fishing is available in the dam, bring own equipment
- Carp, bass, scalies and bluegill are abundant and fishing can be pursued in the areas zoned for this activity.
- The game park has a variety of species; red hartebeest, black wildebeest, blesbok, reedbuck, oribi and zebra and can be viewed from vehicles, bicycles or on foot.
- Entrance is via the Thurlow Gate off the R617.
Bathing is permitted in the bilharzia-free dam; keep close in-shore, away from boating areas.
- The dam is zoned for yachts, powerboats and personal water craft and in the interests of safety, visitors must abide by this zoning.
- All powered craft skippers must be in possession of a Category R certificate of competence.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- Please do not deviate from roads in the game reserve.
- Firearms and any other weapons must be declared on entry into the reserve.
- The reserve gates are closed to day visitors between sunset and sunrise. This does not apply to visitors occupying chalets, or campsites, who have 24-hour access.
We would be more than happy to help you. Give us a call or email us, and we will get back to you asap.021 8135868