Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve
The scenic Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve is ±25 km inland from Port Shepstone. The Reserve lies snugly at the head of a magnificent river gorge lined with dense coastal bush and forests.
Carved out of ancient sandstone over millions over years, the resort commands an impressive view of the Gorge. The breath-taking scenery along the Umzimkulwana River Gorge makes this a photographer’s and nature lover’s paradise.
Open plan bedroom with a bathroom. There is a communal kitche
A six-bed fully equipped self-catering chalet is also available
There are 5 campsites with plug points. Each site accommodates six people and are suitable for tents or caravans. The ablution blocks have hot and cold water and a communal wash area.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Picnicking on the banks of the river, however, visitors are advised not to swim in the river because of the risk of contracting bilharzia.
- Many delightful walks and self-guided trails to the scenic spots in the reserve have been laid out.
- Private operators conduct a variety of activities in the area
- Self-guided trails of the cliffs provide beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
The access gate to the resort is open 24 hours a day, summer and winter.
- Petrol and oil are available from the garage at Paddock, approximately 4 km from the resort
- No pets are permitted in the reserve.
- Guests are advised to bring drinking water, as the water supplied is from a borehole and although drinkable does have an unpleasant taste.
- There is a local country produce shop in the town of Paddock with a variety of fresh produce and dairy products available. General supplies can also be obtained from Port Shepstone.
- Visitors should always inform the Hospitality Manager of their proposed route when going on long walks.
- Charcoal, firewood and cold drinks, are available at the curio shop in the resort.
We would be more than happy to help you. Give us a call or email us, and we will get back to you asap.021 8135868