Umlalazi Nature Reserve
The reserve is 1 km from the town of Mtunzini on the KwaZulu-Natal North Coast, home of the Palm-nut Vulture, one of the rarest birds of prey in South Africa
4 Bed Log Cabin (Self-catering)
All 12 units are fully equipped and self-contained. There is an open plan kitchen and lounge area, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
This campground has 36 campsites with plug points. These sites can accommodate caravans, except for 5 sites that are suitable for tents only. There are communal ablution blocks with hot and cold water.
There are 14 campsites with plug points. Each campsite is suitable for caravans or tents. There are communal ablution blocks with hot and cold water.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cape Agulhas Wine Route – the southernmost wine route
- Museums - Shipwreck Museum (Bredasdorp) - Lighthouse Museum (L’Agulhas) - Elim Heritage Centre (Elim)
- 4x4 Trails
- Whale Watching (June to September)
- Rock & Surf Angling
- Visiting Art Galleries
Check-in and check-out times:
- Check in from 14:00
- Check out by 10:00
Office and Gate hours:
- Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday: 09:00 – 17:00 (closed between 12:00 - 12:30)
- Vehicle repairs, post office, medical and police services are available at L’Agulhas and/or Struisbaai. The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
- Inventory: All accommodation is equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking, utensils, bedding, towels & soap. Each accommodation unit has a braai-area outside.
- Housekeeping: Prior to your arrival, your chalet is clean and furnished with fresh linens and towels. Daily housekeeping is included except for washing of dishes. Linen will be changed every 2—3 days; towels will be changed every day if so required.
- Keys: Keys must be returned to reception on check out. Lost and damaged keys will be charged for.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- No vehicles are allowed on the beach.
- No person may drive off the existing roads - it is both illegal and damaging.
- No person is allowed to gather wood inside the park boundaries.
- No person may remove any rocks or plant from the park.
- No day visitor’s facilities are currently available in the park.
- Motorcycles are allowed in the park.
We would be more than happy to help you. Give us a call or email us, and we will get back to you asap.021 8135868